Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Woman of Many Hats.


Mahia New Zealand
I wonder if life would be great if God made men to think like a woman. When you think about it, it doesn't seem all that bad.

Take my partner we'll call him "Farmer". Farmer has no issues coming home and lying on the couch watching t.v. As for me I come home exhausted, but I am still able to turn bathtime into fun time, cook a "master chef" meal, host visitors when they come calling, feed the kids, wash the dishes, put the kids in bed for the night and if I am lucky at the end of it all, I am able to watch an hours t.v  with a cup of tea soaking up the peace and quiet before bed and still do all of it again the next day.

Now if Farmer was like a woman, he would notice how busy I was and he could play submarines in the bath or cook like Gordon Ramsay for tea or maybe rub my feet at the end of the night..........rather than catching flies on the couch.

We women are very talented, look at all of the hats we wear in one day, take for instance today. I had my doctor's hat on to tend to my sons bump on the head that swelled up like a mountain. I wore a teachers hat helping my daughter with her multiplication tables, Master chef hat to see what magic I could perform in the kitchen with lamb chops, hot sauce and Bok Choi, Army Generals hat to perform my very regimented routine in the mornings to get my daughter off to school and not in the room playing Barbie, Masseuse hat massaging an over dramatic  farmer's shoulder, Waitress hat for whipping up some hearty sandwiches and cakes (from scratch) in 30 minutes for farmer's morning tea the list goes on........

Wouldn't it be a perfect world if we as women were recognised for EVERYTHING we do, and all of the hats we wear, if that was so, we would be "Masters" in every occupation out there but in this less than perfect world we have to just settle with the occasional "you did a good job" or "thank you".

As I look over at farmer on the couch catching flies, I wonder what the world would be like if he thought more like a woman................but then again I don't think I could handle it very well, after all how special would us women be if everyone in the world were masters!

My Children

No comments:

Post a Comment